I have been setting up WordPress website for quite some years now, and I know the rutine. But what if I could make it even easier to set it up right from the start? What if I take my ordinary WordPress TO-DO list, and stuff it all into a simple plugin? Well, CleanUp WP is born…
Just one click!
Wouldn’t it be great, if you could just press one button, and your freshly installed WordPress website would be ready to be filled with content and good ideas? Well, I’ve made it possible. At the moment, the plugins is in the review-queue on WordPress.org, so for now, you will have to dowload it from my website – download link is here below:
What does CleanUp WP do exactly?
- Deletes premade content (example page, example comment and example post)
- Deletes the “Hello Dolly” plugin
- Deletes all unused themes – only your activated theme remains in the theme-folder
- Removes all widgets from the sidebar(s)
- Creates a navigation menu with a link to the front-page (Home)
- Activates “Robots.txt” so your website won’t be indexed until you’re ready
- Sets up prettier permalinks (/%postname%/)
3 simple steps
- Install the plugin – for now, you’ll need to upload it either through WordPress controlpanel, or FTP client (like FileZilla)
- Activate the plugin, and it will automatically run through the steps above
- Now delete the plugin – and do it before you start editing your website, so that you do not lose anything you’ve just made
WordPress is evolving fast, and therefore there will be future updates to the plugin aswell. Not only updating the existing actions, but also adding some new actions, and optimizing the code. If you have any suggestions to future development, feel free to contact me at aris(a)kuckovic.com